Master what you need to know
Your success starts with SelfStudyPLUS
Access more than 2,300 questions, including confidence measures, supplemental learning assets, and recommended reading through the innovative SelfStudyPLUS secure, mobile-friendly website. Blending machine learning and proprietary algorithms, SelfStudyPLUS continually assesses your unique knowledge and competency and keeps you on your most efficient path to proficiency.
What you’ll experience with the enhanced SelfStudyPLUS
- Build practical knowledge that is directly applicable to patient care and clinical decision making per ACGME guidelines.
- Pursue your interests while developing your skills with question-based drilling in a wide range of areas, available from any device, and across the breadth of anesthesiology.
- Patented AI technology analyzes what you need to know and focuses your time where you need it.
- Strengthen your retention by using recall practice, spaced repetition, confidence assessment, test-enhanced learning, and interleaving to ensure you retain what you learn.
- Choose high yield questions from Basic Science to Advanced Clinical Techniques, linked to ABA Keywords and everything in between.
- Trusted content written and edited by practicing physicians at top hospitals.
Explore the innovative features and benefits of SelfStudyPLUS today.
Trust in content
At the heart of it, SelfStudyPLUS helps residents advance through their graduate medical education with a deeper understanding of anesthesiology. Evolved from the popular OpenAnesthesia® website, sponsored by the International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS), and founded by Dr. Edward C. Nemergut and Dr. Robert Thiele, SelfStudyPLUS has been relied on by residency program directors and residents for more than a decade – and for good reason – question sets are curated by leading teaching physicians at top hospitals, and edited by Dr. Nemergut and his team.
Learn from leading experts in anesthesiology
David A. August, MD, PhD
Allison Bechtel, MD
Mary Beth Brady, MD
Franklyn Cladis, MD
Katherine T. Forkin, MD
Julie L. Huffmyer, MD
Sandra L. Kopp, MD
David L. McDonagh, MD
Bhiken Ishwarlal Naik, MD
Edward C. Nemergut, MD
Lauren Powlovich, MD
May C. Pian-Smith, MD
Jessica Tashjian, MD
San Francisco, California
Robert H. Thiele, MD
Narayana Varahabhatla, MD
Residents: Individual subscriptions
- The SelfStudyPLUS adaptive learning system uses innovative and patented AI algorithms to assess your strengths and gaps in knowledge, and delivers questions to address your needs.
- Recommend SelfStudyPLUS to your Residency Program Director.
Enjoy unlimited usage of SelfStudyPLUS for the subscription length of your choice!
For more information or questions on individual subscriptions, contact [email protected].